Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bernie's left the building & chest perimeters.

Kerik resigned today from Rudy's consulting firm. According to an AP wire story "he said he would seek other unspecified business opportunities." Hey, the guy lives in Jersey and there are plenty of trash haulers around. Maybe his brother's still got the trash company gig and can put in a word for him.

Still haven't seen any evidence of Chuck and Hill dining on crow for endorsing this buffoon.

Meanwhile, the folks over at TSA (or as one British security agent put it "Thousands Standing Around") have changed their rules about frisking females. "The agency said more than 45,000 security screeners will be directed this week to only pat down the 'chest perimeter' of females," according to the Washington Post. They can only pat inside the perimeter if the female in question has set off a metal detector.

I wonder what it will take to cool their facination with my fly? Just about every time I've gone through security they've felt compelled to check out, in detail, the zipper on my pants. Given that I'm a bearded male who's inclined to travel with a backpack full of cameras, I sort of expect that I'll attract attention. We all know terrorists have beards and do photograph things but what's with the pants zipper protocol? I've not heard of a zipper bomber but who knows. Maybe I'll show up with a velcro closure and see if they act disappointed.